Before Our First Meeting
Before we set an appointment, I need to receive and review the following documents and information:
1. Any court orders, motions, agreed entries, or any other legal documents pertaining to the custody, parenting time, or other arrangements that affect the parenting received by your child.
2. Any custody/parenting time evaluations or psychological assessments performed in the course of family court litigation.
3. A list of any family members (parents or children) who are seeing a mental health professional along with the name and phone number of that professional.
4. Completed "Consent for Release of Confidential Information" forms for your individual therapist if you have one, your child's therapist if he or she has one, and for each attorney involved, if applicable (therapy updates will be sent to the attorneys). A link to the consent form is below.
On the consent form: In the first row of boxes please check "Exchange with," and in the second row of boxes please check "Both verbally and in writing." Under "Description of health information ..." please initial the first three items. Under "The specific purpose of this disclosure" please check "Coordinate Care/Treatment Planning." Then please sign and date accordingly.
5. Signed "Practice Policies," "Privacy (HIPAA)," and "Informed Consent for Reunification Therapy and Co-Parent Counseling" forms. It is particularly important to read the informed consent form carefully.
6. Also, please review (but do not sign yet) the Reunification Therapy Contract or the Co-parent Counseling Contract (whichever applies) and bring it to the initial session. The link to the form is below.
You can scan and email the documents or fax them to 317-993-3452. Of course, snail mail is always an option.
To visit other pages: